Thursday 17 January 2013

GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END

Wow, apologies for not writing in an extremely long time!

R&R of Herrick 16 flew by in the blink of an eye. I did not want it to end, but it had to. The events of the past two weeks would stay with me forever, that moment in the hot air balloon as I looked up at my man who was staring out at the scenery, I knew I had him back. Those bad times were ancient history, this was the man I fell in love with. After the balloon crash landed (that was fun) H and I grabbed fish & chips and ate them out of the wrapper. Giggling into our bag of chips I remember realising just how much he meant to me and how much I truly loved him. The problem now is what will he do to top this for our future anniversaries, he's going to have to book a space shuttle journey. The sky was the limit this time, now it's time to pass that! Although, I suppose you could say he's already put me up in space, having named a star after me!

The day he was due to fly back went by too fast. His flight was early hours of the morning, and I was dropping him to the airport. Watching him pack up his stuff was like a blow to the stomach, all I focused on was the fact he wasn't going back for long, only 10 weeks and he'd be home, finished, done.

We dressed the boys in their PJs and clambered into the car. H drove, and I sat in the passenger seat looking out the window at the starry sky. I made shapes out of the clouds, thinking about anything but the word goodbye!

Nothing ever goes smoothly for us I have to say, whilst driving through the dark lanes towards to the airport we got a flat tyre. So now T is petrified because its dark and we're surrounded by tall dark trees. H is left to change the tyre solo because I'm cwtching T to keep him calm. J needs a wee, thank goodness I only have boys, so he's in the trees having a wee and I'm shining my phone toward him so he can see. It was lucky that the tyre went before we dropped H off, as otherwise I'd have been stuck because it was the middle of the night and I have no idea how to change a tyre! We finally get to the airport, and then I know the goodbyes are coming. The boys are jumping all over H before they say goodbye to their daddy. I sit there, heartbroken holding back the tears. I do not want H to see my cry, I scream to myself in my head "HOLD IT TOGETHER WOMAN"! After the boys have jumped all over H and had their hugs and kisses I stepped out of the passenger side of the car, whilst H stepped out of the drivers side. It was my turn. He held me in his arms and kissed me, "Goodbye baby". I held it together, I got into the drivers seat and watched H walk away. I said a silent prayer for him to be safe out there.

10 weeks and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment