Thursday 28 April 2011

WHIRLWIND ROMANCE

Once my whirlwind romance started with my man, there was no turning back. This was the beginning of my new life! My happy life.
I remember meeting his parents for the first time. I had pondered for hours about what to wear, and worried about if they'd like me. His mum is a born again Christian, which (at the time) scared me slightly. I ended up wearing little white pumps, skinny jeans with a long, black cardigan done up. 'Right' I thought 'I need to hurry up or I'll be late'. With just over 20 miles to drive, I rushed, only to hit traffic! Needless to say I was late, and can never seem to break this tradition.
I met him at my car, where I'd parked in his Mam & Dad's street. We were walking down the road to meet his parents in the pub.
We walked in, heading straight to the bar. I thought that maybe they were tucked away in a corner out if sight, or in the lounge area. We picked up our drinks, turned around and there they were. The first words they heard me speak was 'oh shit!'
We sat down, and dismissing my shocked reaction, I got on really well with his parents. I think I had syked myself up so much about meeting them, due to the fact that my track history with boyfriends parents was nit good. Despite taking my son's dad's youth, I was also blamed for the fact that he cheated on me. Getting back to my new, lovely in-laws to be - I think I had syked myself up so much that I forgot that they were actually only human too. And, if I'm honest, probably glad that their son had finally decided to settle down and introduce them to a girl. I was his first serious girlfriend, he told me this was because he didn't see much point in wasting time with girls who he obviously was not interested in spending the rest of his life with. He had finally found his 'Little Scrumpet' as he liked to call me.



Our first few months together (the "honeymoon" period) was amazing. I have never felt so lucky, so loved and so happy. I knew he was the one for me! I received flowers every month on the date that we met, and I cannot go into the sex. All I can say is I have never had it all so good. I was on top of the world!
We spoke for hours every night on the phone whilst he was in work. This often resulted in one of us falling asleep on the other end, this was usually me! But neither of us could bring ourselves to say goodnight & goodbye. It was horrible being so in love but being miles apart, me in Cardiff, him in Surrey. However, I am a firm believer in you cannot choose who you fall in love with. And, boy, did I love him, I was not going to let the distance stand in our way.
We soon learnt of our common love for the band Snow Patrol. We both had their album. We would often listen to it at the same time, even though we weren't together. I would tell him to listen to number 8. But he said number 7 made him think of me. I listened to number 7, only to be a little confused as to why that reminded him of me. That weekend when I put it on the stereo (song number 8), he stopped and said "This is the song that makes me think of you. This is number 7". The pieces fixed together, we had both been listening to the same song, but had different versions of the album. The song I hold dear to my heart is 'Snow Patrol - Set The Fire To The Third Bar'. Even now I can listen to that song, close my eyes and still feel the butterflies of young love.

No comments:

Post a Comment